ArthroFlex® SCR is a specific size of acellular dermal matrix designed specifically for the Superior Capsular Reconstruction surgical technique. Biomechanical testing shows the graft restores glenohumeral joint stability and subacromial contact characteristics.1
- Strong – High ultimate load to failure and sutures will not easily pull through graft.2
- Safe – Sterile with an SAL of 10-6.3
- Decellularized – Uses Matracell® technology to remove DNA and cellular remnants to decrease likelihood of an immune response.4
- Promotes rapid healing – Biocompatible (≥ 97% of DNA removed) and retains natural growth factors, collagen and elastin.4
- No re-hydration needed – Supplied pre-hydrated and ready for use.3
- Convenient storage – Room temperature (15 - 30˚C).3
- Superior Capsular Reconstruction
1.Mihata T, McGarry MH, Pirolo JM, Kinoshita M, Lee TQ. Superior Capsule Reconstruction to Restore Superior Stability in Irreparable Rotator Cuff Tears: A Biomechanical Cadaveric Study. AJSM 2012;40:2248-55
2.Data on file at Arthrex. TR 2946.
3.LifeNet Health. Decellularized Dermis Instructions for Use. 63-0050-01
4.Moore MA, Samsell B, Wallis G, Triplett, S, Chen S, Linthurst Jones A, Quiz X. "Decellularization of Human Dermis Using Non-Denaturing Anionic Detergent and Endonuclease: A Review." Journal of Cell and Tissue Banking.