Biolieve is the only decellularized placental membrane to include all the native layers, including the trophoblast layer. The graft serves as a protective covering for tendons, ligaments, and nerves during soft tissue repair.
- Superior Handling and Suturability: Retains the trophoblast layer for increased durability to hold suture and remains intact after being wrapped around a tendon and passed through a cannula.3
- Up to Four-Times Thicker than Other Placental Membranes: The trophoblast layer contributes >50% of the graft thickness,1 making Biolieve up to four-times thicker than placental membranes that don’t contain the trophoblast layer.6
- Retains More Native Extracellular Components: Retains up to twice the extracellular matrix components, such as growth factors, cytokines, proteoglycans, and hyaluronic acid, compared to grafts that do not include the trophoblast layer.1
- Convenient: Room-temperature storage (10-30°C) and rehydrates quickly for ease of use.2
- Versatile: Available in multiple sizes for a wide range of applications.2
- Proven Technology: Uses Matracell® technology to remove cells, DNA, and RNA to decrease the likelihood of an immune response.4
- Increased Safety: A Sterility Assurance Level (SAL) of 10-6 lowers the risk of disease transmission.4,5
- Protective covering for soft tissue repairs
- Cover and protect rotator cuff tendon repairs, nerve tissue, and ligament reconstruction
- Protective covering and barrier for large incisions created during arthroplasty, tendon transfers, or other open procedures
|BLIEVE-202||Decellularized Placental Membrane||2 x 2 cm|
|BLIEVE-203||Decellularized Placental Membrane||2 x 3 cm|
|BLIEVE-208||Decellularized Placental Membrane||2 x 8 cm|
|BLIEVE-303||Decellularized Placental Membrane||3 x 3 cm|
|BLIEVE-404||Decellularized Placental Membrane||4 x 4 cm|
|BLIEVE-406||Decellularized Placental Membrane||4 x 6 cm|
|BLIEVE-408||Decellularized Placental Membrane||4 x 8 cm|
|BLIEVE-707||Decellularized Placental Membrane||7 x 7 cm|
- LifeNet Health. TR-004-2020. Characterization of the Amnion, Chorion, and Trophoblast Layers of Decellularized and Freeze-Dried Placental Membrane.
- LifeNet Health. 63-0290. Biolieve Instructions for Use.
- LifeNet Health. ES-21-056, Placental Membrane for Sports Medicine: Design Validation.
- Moore MA, Samsell B, Wallis F, Triplett S, Chen S, Jones AL. Decellularization of human dermis using non-denaturing anionic detergent and endonuclease: a review. Cell Tissue Bank. 2015;16(2): 249-59.
- LifeNet Health. 10-008, Process, PQ, Method 2B Terminal Sterilization Validation for the Devitalized Dermis Allografts Family. Data on file.
- Verbruggen SW, Oyen ML, Phillips ATM, Nowlan NC. 2017. Function and failure of the fetal membrane: Modeling the mechanics of the chorion and amnion. PLos ONE 12(3): 30171588. doe:10.1371/journal.prone.0171588.