About LifeNet Health
LifeNet Health is a non-profit global leader in regenerative medicine and the world's largest provider of allograft bio-implants and organs for transplantation. Our mission is simple:
Saving Lives. Restoring Health. Giving Hope.
Since 1982, LifeNet Health has helped to save lives, restore health and give hope to thousands of patients each year. It is the world's most trusted provider of transplant solutions, from organ procurement to new innovations to bio-implant technologies and cellular therapies - a leader in the field of regenerative medicine, while always honoring the donors and healthcare professionals that allow the healing process.
LifeNet Health Timeline
- 1982 Eastern Virginia Tissue Bank established.
- 1989 Eastern Virginia Tissue Bank becomes LifeNet.
Allowash Cleaning Technology introduced by LifeNet.
- PAD Demineralization technology introduced by LifeNet.
- 2000 LifeNet Merges with Virginia's Organ Procurement Agency.
- 2001 First VertiGraft VG2 Cervical Spine Allograft Bio-implant is implanted.
- 2006 LifeNet merges with Florida Tissue Services, Inc. to become LifeNet Health of Florida.
LifeNet Becomes LifeNet Health.
- Preservon Ambient Storage, fully-hydrated preservation technology introduced by LifeNet Health.
Cardiograft Cardiac Path with Matracell receives Food & Drug Administration (FDA) clearance.
- Skin & Wound Allograft Institute is established.
- OsteoCleanse Autograft Cleaning System launched.
- 2009 LifeNet Health Regenerative Medicine Institute established.
Record year in LifeNet Health allograft bio-implant distribution (over 300,000).
- ArthroFlex, DermACELL & Oracell decellularized dermis is launched.
LifeNet Health merges with Northwest Tissue Services to become LifeNet Health Northwest.
- LifeNet Health Institute of Regenerative Medicine facility opens in Virginia Beach.
LifeNet Health changes its mission statement from "Saving Lives, Restoring Health" to "Saving Lives. Restoring Health. Giving Hope."
- ViviGen® Cellular Bone Matrix launches as the first cellular allograft focused on lineage-committed bone cells.
- 2017 LifeNet Health LifeSciences launched to accelerate preclinical research, drug discovery, and personalized medicine.
- 2018 LifeNet Health opens its European headquarters in Vienna, Austria, for clinical training and distribution to support the use of allografts in Europe.
LifeNet Health opens a location in San Diego, California, for research operations and tissue engineering services.
- LifeNet Health opens a 70,000-square-foot Global Distribution Center in Plainfield, Indiana.