ArthroFlex® SCR is a specific size of acellular dermal matrix designed specifically for the Superior Capsular Reconstruction surgical technique. Biomechanical testing shows the graft restores glenohumeral joint stability and subacromial contact characteristics.1,2
- Strong – High ultimate load to failure and sutures will not easily pull through graft.3
- Safe – Sterile with an SAL of 10-6.
- Decellularized – Uses Matracell® technology to remove DNA and cellular remnants to decrease likelihood of an immune response.
- Promotes rapid healing – Biocompatible (≥ 97% of DNA removed) and retains natural growth factors, collagen and elastin.
- No re-hydration needed – Supplied pre-hydrated and ready for use.
- Convenient storage – Room temperature (15 - 30˚C).
- Superior Capsular Reconstruction
- Hirahara AM & Adams CR. Arthroscopic Superior Capsule Reconstruction for Treatment of Massive Irreparable Rotator Cuff Tears. Arthroscopy Techniques. 2015 Dec:4(6):e637-41.
- Mihata T, Bui C, Cavanaro MA, Akeda M, Kuenzler M, Peterson AB, Itami Y, Neo M, Lee TQ. Superior Capsule Reconstruction Using Human Dermal Allograft: A Biomechanical Study. Paper 358 presented at AAOS, March 2, 2016.
- Data on File at Arthrex, Inc.
- Data on file at Lifenet Health
- Barber FA, Herbert MA, Boothby MH. Ultimate tensile failure loads of a human dermal allograft rotator cuff augmentation. Arthroscopy 2008 Jan;24(1):20-24