Matrion Product Specifications
Matrion is one of the first decellularized placental grafts to utilize all three layers of the placental membrane, including the trophoblast layer.
Processed with Matracell® decellularization technology, it is the first naturally intact, full-thickness, decellularized placental membrane.
- Handling: Matrion’s inclusion of the amnion, chorion and trophoblast layers results in a graft that is up to four times thicker than the Amniotic and Chorionic membranes.1
- Convenience: No need to rehydrate, thaw or otherwise prepare prior to application.
- Safety: Up to four times thicker than traditional bilayer grafts, Matrion provides a more substantial barrier, preventing fluid loss as well as bacterial ingress.2
- Sterility: Sterilized to a Sterility Assurance Level (SAL) of 10-6, medical device grade sterility.3
- Growth Factor Retention: Matrion retains more endogenous growth factors than other placental membranes that lack the full trophoblast layer.4 Analyses have demonstrated that the trophoblast layer accounts for more than 50% of the total amount of key biological factors in placental tissue.5
As a barrier membrane for chronic wounds, including diabetic foot ulcers, venous stasis ulcers, pressure ulcers and dehisced surgical wounds.
|PAC64||Solid Sheet||8 x 8 cm|
|PAC64M||Fenestrated Sheet||8 x 8 cm|
|PAC25||Solid Sheet||5 x 5 cm|
|PAC25M||Fenestrated Sheet||5 x 5 cm|
|PAC12||Solid Sheet||3 x 4 cm|
|PAC12M||Fenestrated Sheet||3 x 4 cm|
|PAC06||Solid Sheet||2 x 3 cm|
|PAC06M||Fenestrated Sheet||2 x 3 cm|
|PAC20mm||Solid Sheet||20 mm disk|
- Matrion Technical Monograph, 68-40-377.00
- Verbruggen SW, Oyen ML Phillips AT, Nowlan NC. Function and failure of fetal membrane: Modelling the mechanics of the chorion and amnion. PLoS One. 2017; 12(3): e0171588.
- 10-008, Process, PQ, Method 2B Terminal Sterilization Validation for the Devitalized Dermis Allografts Family
- Qin, X., Chen, S., Aschenbach, L., Chen, J., inventor; LifeNet Health, assignee. Decellularized placental membrane and methods of preparing and use thereof. WO/2017/112934.
- LifeNet Health. TR-004-2020 Characterization of the Amnion, Chorion, and Trophoblast Layers of Decellularized and Freeze-Dried Placental Membrane. 2020.