Faith Leaders’ Symposium
October 19-20, 2016
A Two-Day Educational Collaborative of the Virginia Council of Churches and the National Council of Churches
Location: LifeNet Health Institute of Regenerative Medicine, 1884 Concert Drive, Virginia Beach, VA
The conference hotel will be the Westin Town Center at 4535 Commerce St, Virginia Beach, VA 23462. Conference shuttle service will be provided to the meetings and return to the hotel for our out-of-town guests staying at the Westin. A welcome reception for faith leaders attending the conference will be held on Tuesday, October 18 at the Westin.
- Outstanding keynote speakers have been invited to present inspiring information at the Symposium. Current information and a vision for the future of partnerships between the faith community and the donation community will be explored. Please return to this site as confirmations of speakers will be announced in the near future.
- Panel presentations focused on current topics of interest will be interactive. We hope conference attendees will appreciate the opportunity to dialogue with panel participants which will make the conference more relevant to everyone’s needs.
- Times for spiritual reflection through music and prayer will be provided throughout the symposium.
- Opportunities to interaction with local, regional and national faith leaders or various traditions and denominations will result in further professional development.
- The symposium’s formal and informal offerings will be designed to provide practical assistance to faith leaders who wish to provide thoughtful spiritual support to the congregations they serve.
Registration: Symposium registration will begin in June 2016.
Registration Fee: The fee for attending all symposium sessions is just $50.00. Registration fees must be paid in advance by credit card or PayPal through the registration site. Alternative arrangements to pay by check may also be made but must be received by a date to be specified in the registration information.
Please note that registration is limited. We encourage interested participants to register at their earliest convenience.
Conference Expenses: Our sponsors’ generosity will support many of the conference expenses beyond registration. All conference meals are included at no additional expenses.
Hotel: Out-of-area guests will stay at the Westin for two nights, October 18 and 19. A limited number of hotel expenses will be paid courtesy of our sponsors. Hotel reservations will be made through the LifeNet Health Donor Family Services Department at registration.
Travel Expenses: A limited number of airfare expenses are available for faith leaders traveling from out of the area.
Mileage reimbursement: Grants will be available for commuting participants who choose to apply. For all expense reimbursements, a federal W-9 form and a LifeNet Health Non-Employee Reimbursement form will be required. These forms will be available at the conference.
Continuing Education Credits: For interested faith leaders, we are exploring the possibility of providing CEU credits. Please return to this information page for additional information as it develops.