ArthroFlex® SCR is an acellular dermal matrix (ADM) designed specifically for the Superior Capsular Reconstruction surgical technique. Biomechanical testing shows the graft restores glenohumeral joint stability and subacromial contact characteristics.1,2
Matracell® technology, a patented and validated process, renders the allograft acellular, without compromising biomechanical or biochemical properties. This process allows the matrix to retain its growth factors, native collagen scaffold, and elastin, which is required for healing. Elastin and collagen provide strength for supplemental support and covering for soft-tissue repair.
- Strong – High ultimate load to failure and sutures will not easily pull through graft3
- Safe – Sterile with a SAL of 10-6 and shown to resist infection4
- Decellularized – Uses Matracell technology to remove DNA and cellular remnants to decrease likelihood of an immune response
- Promotes rapid healing – Biocompatible (≥ 97% of DNA removed) and retains natural growth factors, collagen and elastin
- No re-hydration needed – Supplied pre-hydrated and ready for use
- Convenient storage – Room temperature (15˚-30˚C)
- Hirahara AM & Adams CR. Arthroscopic Superior Capsule Reconstruction for Treatment of Massive Irreparable Rotator Cuff Tears. Arthroscopy Techniques. 2015 Dec:4(6):e637-41.
- Mihata T, Bui C, Cavanaro MA, Akeda M, Kuenzler M, Peterson AB, Itami Y, Neo M, Lee TQ. Superior Capsule Reconstruction Using Human Dermal Allograft: A Biomechanical Study. Paper 358 presented at AAOS, March 2, 2016.
- Data on File at Arthrex, Inc.
- Data on file at LifeNet Health. TR-0272, EX-14-056-02, 68-20-168
- Barber FA, Herbert MA, Boothby MH. Ultimate tensile failure loads of a human dermal allograft rotator cuff augmentation. Arthroscopy 2008 Jan;24(1):20-24